When: March 29, 2023 8AM – 3PM
Where: Tri County Gin – 561 Sinkhole Road, Douglas, GA 31535
Georgia Dept. of Agriculture Clean Day is a program that gives everyone an opportunity to discard old, unusable, or cancelled pesticides to a hazardous waste contractor for disposal. Pesticides in leaking containers or disposed of improperly may cause environmental damage by contaminating water supplies or harming people and wildlife. Some pesticides that have been used in the past are now in need of proper disposal. Participation in the Clean Day Program remains free of charge to all private and commercial applicators with the understanding that the event is designed / intended for farmers, lawn care, golf courses, and pest control companies. The Georgia Department of Agriculture we will be requiring pre-registration for the events. For more information about the event please contact your local extension agent, visit our website: https://agr.georgia.gov/georgia-clean-day or contact Rick Hayes coordinator for the event at email@example.com (Office: 404-656-4958) (Cell: 404-535-1614) or Ashley Smith, Coffee County CEA at (912)850-4059.
All canceled, suspended, unusable and unlabeled materials classified as pesticides may be turned in for collection. Please refer to the brief list below to determine what types of materials will or will not be accepted at the event. Please list all pesticides to be turned in on the pre-registration form in order to estimate types and volumes to be collected. Any pesticides without a brand name, trade name, or active ingredient on the label may require analysis to determine the contents. Please label all unidentifiable pesticides as “unknown” on the pre-registration form.
· PRE-REGISTRATION IS MANDATORY FOR PROGRAM PARTICIPATION. Visit our website for pre-registration forms. https://agr.georgia.gov/pesticide-waste-disposal-container-recycling
· ALL PESTICIDES BROUGHT TO THE COLLECTION SITE MUST BE LISTED ON THE PRE-REGISTRATION FORM.
· ITEMS NOT REGISTERED WILL BE REFUSED AT THE COLLECTION SITE.
· EMPTY CONTAINERS OR RINSATES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
· NO COMPRESSED GASES CAN BE ACCEPTED. (METHYL BROMIDE, CHLORPICRIN, VIKANE, ETC.).