Each fall, a pecan field day is held in North Florida for pecan growers in our region. Pecan specialists from UF and UGA provide updates in pecan production.
Tuesday, October 4 – 8:30 AM to 2:00 PM
North Florida Research & Education Center – Quincy
155 Research Road, Quincy, FL 32351
The 2016 Florida Pecan Field Day will provide the latest research information for commercial pecan growers. This is a free, sponsored event but we do ask that you call the Jackson County Extension Office office to RSVP at (850)482-9620 or email Matt Lollar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Workshop Topics Will Include:
- Enterprise Budget for Pecan Production
- Production Potential of Other Crops In Conjunction With Pecan for Enterprise Diversification: Fundamental Biological, Ecological & Pest Management Considerations
- Phosphorus Banding in Pecans
- Grove Establishment & Rejuvenation
- Pecan Research Plot Tour
- Annual Meeting – Florida Pecan Growers Association
Visit this blog post on Panhandle Ag e-News to register.